I didn’t do these with tofu or as kebabs according to the recipe. Instead, I just marinated diced chicken (instead of tofu) and stir-fried it with snap peas and mushrooms. So good with the coconut rice!
Coconut rice – 1 cup of white rice with 1 1/4 cups light coconut milk and 1/2 cup water.
THAI CITRUS TOFU KEBOBS:
• 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
• 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
• 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon minced ginger
• 2 packages (14 oz each) extra-firm tofu, drained
• 1 navel orange, unpeeled
• 1/4 pound snap peas
• 2 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms
• Vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Combine soy sauce, juices, honey and ginger in a baking dish; whisk until honey dissolves. Cut each block of tofu into twelve 1 1/2-inch pieces and place in a single layer in dish, spooning some marinade over tofu. Marinate at least 20 minutes (or overnight, if desired), turning tofu once halfway through. Cut orange into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then cut each slice into 4 wedges. Thread orange wedges, peas, mushrooms and tofu on 8 skewers. Coat grill with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Place skewers in a single layer on grill. Cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve immediately.