I like to cook but I hate figuring out dinner. I never have the right ingredients and I’m just not good at throwing together what I do have into something tasty. So I’m trying out the Six O’Clock Scramble: every Wednesday, they email you five recipes that take about 30 minutes to prepare, and a grocery list.
One week down and I LOVE it. They’re healthy without being diet-food healthy because it’s not a lot of processed foods, few canned goods and mostly vegetables, lean proteins and whole grains. Plus, Mason can eat them, too. The recipes are usually for 6-8 servings so we’ve had lots of leftovers, but I probably saved $50 in lunches/eating out because I stuck to the meal plan.
This week’s menu:
- Lemony Greek chicken with sauteed snow peas: Awesome
- Asian Shrimp Pilaf: Really good cold the next day
- Penne Pesto with Baby Spinach: Favorite recipe
- Lentil Stew with Honey Ginger Yogurt: Wish the pitas I bought for this hadn’t molded 😦
- Huevos Rancheros with Crispy Potatoes: Took a long time because of peeling potatoes
I think it was $20 for 3 months or so. For me, though, it’s worth it. Totally fits how I figure out meals.