These sandwiches from the June 2009 Martha Stewart magazine are fantastic. I used the creme fraiche but I think mayo or sour cream would be just fine.
- 1/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- salt & pepper
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 baguette, cut crosswise into 4 pieces and halved horizontally
- 3 Tbsp creme fraiche
- 3 sour pickles, thinly sliced
- Mix 1/4 cup mustard, the oil, dill, garlic 1-1/2 teaspoons salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken and onions and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to med-high. Grill onion, turning often, 8 to 10 minutes. Grill chicken on one side for 3 minutes; flip, top with cheddar and cook 3 minutes more. Grill baguette.
- Mix remaining 3 Tbsp mustard and the creme fraiche and spread onto the cut sides of the baguette (again, optional). Assemble chicken with cheddar, pickles and onion onto the bread.